Knights Today, Leaders Tomorrow
Each year a lottery is conducted for each grade level that has more applications than seats available. Families do not need to be present at the lottery to secure their spot. The lottery will be featured live on the KCSMA Facebook page, and families will receive an email immediately after the lottery with the results. All lotteries are conducted in a manner that ensures each eligible student receives an equal chance of being selected. Applicants’ names are drawn until the available seats for that grade level are filled. The remaining students’ names are drawn and placed on a waiting list in the order in which their name was selected. Once the lottery is run, any additional students who apply are placed at the end of the waiting list on a first come, first served basis.
What is the Lotterease Seal of Transparency and Fairness?
When you see the Seal on a school website, you can be confident that your application will be included in the school lottery in a fair and transparent way.
That is because Lotterease is an independent automated lottery system that the school uses to manage their lottery and waitlist. All activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1.
First grade students must be 6 years old on or before September 1.
Any Kindergarten through Fifth-grade students residing in the Cobb County School District are eligible at attend KCSMA.
Once your child’s name is selected from the lottery you will receive important information regarding the registration process. Please bring the following items when you register your student:
– An original birth certificate with a raised seal. We must have this in hand for your child to be a student at Kennesaw Charter or any Cobb County Public School. A copy of the birth certificate will be kept in the student’s file. Other proof of age can be accepted for temporary admission (35 days).
– A certificate of eye, ear, and dental examination (Georgia Form #3300). This certificate may be obtained from the county health department or from a physician.
– A certificate of immunization (Form 3231)
– A Social Security card or a waiver. Waivers are available in the main office.
– Two proofs of Cobb County School District residency must be submitted to the school at the time of enrollment.
Please contact our Enrollment Office with any further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a student from the lottery results list does not register within the time allowed, or chooses not to attend the school, the first person on the ordered waiting list will be given the opportunity to register. This procedure will continue throughout the summer until the start of the school year. Lottery and waitlist positions will not be secured from year to year. Those offered the opportunity to enroll during the school year will be given a deadline by which they must reply or the opening will be offered to the next student on the waitlist. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian of the waitlisted student to provide accurate contact information, including a phone number, address, and email address.
Please contact us with any further enrollment, registration, lottery, or waiting list questions at email@example.com